As we approach Griffin’s 1st birthday party this coming Saturday, we’re getting all festive with the red, white and blue theme…and we can’t wait! I won’t spoil too much about that because there will be a blog post about it next month, however, this is one detail that I just had to share before the holiday weekend.
Not only are these lawn stars perfect for any BBQ or party, but they are super easy! You could make all sorts of shapes, and change up the colors too. Plus, the best part of it all, they are safe for your grass!! That aspect had me intrigued and committed 😉
Follow these simple steps to make a statement this holiday!
What you’ll need:
- old cardboard or foam board (you can purchase at your nearest craft store)
- X-Acto knife or box cutter
- construction marking paint (you can purchase at any hardware store or we found some on Amazon)
1. Draw your shape out in pencil first exactly how large you want it. My star is not perfect, but that’s what makes it so unique!
2. Use your tool to cut out the shape. Make sure you put something underneath so you don’t mark your floors or get carpet-oops!
3. Place the template on the grass where you want it and spray. Voile!!
Enjoy your 4th of July, and LET FREEDOM RING!!